Join Our Team
Mobile OptiX delivering innovations in optometric care for those most in need!
Telehealth and remote care delivery have expanded the four walls of the traditional optometrist clinic. Mobile OptiX is focused on modernizing optometric care delivery to those with limited mobility. We provide medical based treatment, care, and preventative optometric services to residents in care facilities in Tampa, Orlando and Jacksonville.
Florida’s geriatric community is the fastest growing patient population with the highest acuity levels demanding proactive, comprehensive and frequent medical and optometric care. To support the growing demand, Mobile OptiX specializes in geriatric optometry services delivering comprehensive eye examinations with an emphasis on diabetic retinopathy exams and Glaucoma co-management.
At Mobile OptiX, we engage in our local communities through participation and sponsorship for Veterans through Habitat for Humanity as well as events like Disrupt The Bay which fosters healthcare innovation. Mobile OptiX employee centric culture places an emphasis on a flexible work – life balance while supporting professional growth.
Your objective as the Mobile-Optix Optometrist is to provide quality, medical based optic care and routine vision exams to our community’s senior population that is residing at long term care or rehabilitative care centers. You will have full back office support with administrative duties, an assigned optic technician, and be provided with all the technology to support your efficiency allowing you to focus on patient care and not office operations and management.
The scope of your daily routine will include but is not limited to:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Perform diabetic retinopathy exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses with a selection of men and women frames
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress via Nextech
- Build strong patient relationships
We will equip you with innovative technologies that enhance the patient experience and drive efficiencies to reduce charting time:
- Microsoft Surface Tablets
- Portable split lamp
- KOWA Perkins Tonometer
- Welch Allyn Retinavue 700 Imager
- Ultramatic Refractor
- Keeler Binocular Indirect
- Portable Digital Acuity Chart
- Nextech MDI – “best in class” EMR
- Florida based lab and frame supplier
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid Florida state license to practice optometry
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Customer / Patient-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our doctors with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) with quarterly RVU bonuses as well as benefits including:
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Medical Malpractice Insurance 100% covered by Mobile-OptiX
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Disability insurance, Life insurance & Liability insurance
- $1,000 towards CE
- FOA dues payment
- Relocation package available
- Quarterly physician dinners
Join a Team that is modernizing mobile care delivery. We look forward to welcoming you to our team!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $100,000.00 /year plus RVU Bonuses Quarterly