As the population ages, the need for eye care becomes greater than ever for seniors to live an independent and healthy life. The impact of vision loss ranges from difficulty in performing daily activities to frequent falls resulting in hospitalization.
Eye disease is very common among people with diabetes and yearly exams are critical and necessary. Early intervention, diagnoses and treatments are most effective if initiated before vision loss.
Common signs and symptoms of vision problems:
- Sudden change in vision.
- Unexplained itching, burning, or discharge in the eye area.
- Severe or sudden eye pain.
- White areas suddenly appearing in the pupil of the eye.
- Swollen or severe redness of the eye.
- Recurrent pain in or around the eye.
- Blurred, hazy, or double vision.
- Having difficulty seeing at night or blindness.
- Having trouble with face recognition.
- Unusual sensitivity to light.
- Changes in the color of the iris.